Friday, January 6, 2012

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)

The Nick with Ben on 1/5/12
You all know how much love Swedish cinema, and how much I enjoyed the original Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. This is a very worthy American adaptation of the novel as well. It's tight and tense and stressful to watch, but it's in such a good, gripping way that you almost enjoy how much it keeps your nerves on edge. Rooney Mara totally sold me as Lisbeth Salander, even though I hadn't been convinced from the production stills. I still wonder why exactly they bleached her eyebrows, though. And I don't understand at all why they chose to change the ending - there's nothing wrong with it, but there's nothing wrong with the way the book ended either.
My Netflix rating: 4 stars

New Movies in Year Three: 126

No comments:

Post a Comment