Thursday, May 5, 2011

Scream 4 (2011)

Saco Cinemagic with Ben on 5/5/11
This had the potential to be really bad (much like Scream 3 was), but I found it very fun! It's self-aware (just like all three before it), and pokes fun at Hollywood's recent obsession with reboots. They rounded up a pretty good cast of young actors and a fantastic group of cameos. I've heard that they're considering making 5 and 6 in the series, but that's pushing it. This one was more of the same good and, I'll admit, I wasn't able to call the ending. But if they try to push the new generation idea any further, they will just end up with a Saved By the Bell: The New Class situation. Nobody wants that and besides, this franchise has a reputation to protect.
My Netflix rating: 4 stars

New Movies in Year Three: 30

No comments:

Post a Comment