Saturday, April 2, 2011

Burlesque (2010)

Netflix DVD on 4/2/11
I had heard a lot of mediocre-to-bad things about this film, so my expectations were pretty low. Honestly, I thought it was fun! It's a little bit of a rip-off of Moulin Rouge! with some of the characterizations and much of the staging, but the costumes are beautiful and the singing is solid. Cher even managed not to annoy me! I really liked Kristen Bell and it's actually because I hated her character. Normally I find her adorable, so anything where she can make me hate her is a success. Seeing Eric Dane as the sleazy real-estate developer was fun, since I like him on Grey's Anatomy (however, after the debacle that was this week's musical episode, I think that I'm breaking up with GA for good).
My Netflix rating: 4 stars

New Movies in Year Three: 21

No comments:

Post a Comment