Saturday, February 27, 2010

14. February 26, 2010 - Shutter Island (2010)

I don't remember why they delayed this from October to February (something to do with funding an Oscar campaign maybe) but regardless of the reason, I think this is a very solid film. Leonardo DiCaprio, though I still think he looks like he's 12 years old, gives a very good performance as the US Marshall assigned to investigate a missing patient from a high-security mental hospital. There's a twist (which, admittedly I saw coming, though I never used to even try - Lauren, that's your fault!) but it's not one that feels far-fetched. The production design is beautiful and the writing is very good. In the scheme of movies adapted from Dennis Lehane novels - not as good as Mystic River, but better than Gone Baby Gone.
My Netflix rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment