Saturday, February 7, 2009

Introduction

A few years ago, I read this book: A Year at the Movies. It was written by one of the guys from Mystery Science Theater 3000 who decided to see if he could watch one movie every day for a year. He traveled around the world, trying to find obscure movies and movie theaters. I've been thinking about it and I've decided to set the same challenge for myself: can I watch a movie every day for an entire year?

Well, we're going to see. I'm going to try my best to watch at least one movie every day starting today and going through February 6, 2010. And where's the fun in that without people watching my progress and cheering me on? I intend to list and write a little about each movie I watch from now until next year.

Here are the rules:

1. Only one movie counts per day. If I watch more than one, like say seeing six movies in a theater in one day (I haven't forgotten about that challenge, Chris!), only the first one counts.
2. Short films and documentaries that never got theatrical release (TV specials or more or less anything you'd watch in school) don't count.
3. I have to watch the entire movie - starting one but not finishing it doesn't count either.
4. Originally, I said that I might repeat movies. I've changed my mind - repeating movies doesn't count either. I should be able to find 365 different movies to watch.
5. Days are counted from when I wake up in the morning to when I go to bed at night. This usually means that the day doesn't start until very late morning and ends sometime around 2 am (provided it's not a work night). I'm too much of a night owl to officially end the day at midnight.

Here we go. Wish me luck!

Karla

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to following your progress and reading reviews of obscure movies.

    ReplyDelete