Wednesday, February 11, 2009

February 11, 2009

This Film Is Not Yet Rated (2006)
This documentary about the MPAA is fascinating and hysterical. Director Kirby Dick hires a private investigator to discover just who it is who decides on movie ratings, while discussing history and prejudices of the MPAA in the process. It reminded me of Jorge Furtado's Ilha das Flores (Isle of Flowers), a short documentary ultimately about mistreatment of Brazilian poor. Much darker subject, but the same tongue-in-cheek humor.
My Netflix rating: 5 stars

*Note about the ratings*
For fictional films, I only give 5 stars to movies on my Top 100 list. (By the way, if something's on that list, I'll note that). 4 stars means that I really enjoyed it; 3 means so-so; 2 means I didn't like it at all, and 1 star is reserved for those movies that I absolutely loathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment