Monday, February 6, 2012

Snow Falling on Cedars (1999)

Netflix Streaming over 2/4/12 and 2/5/12
This movie is boring. I'm sorry, but it's true. I have heard that the book is pretty awesome, and I fully intend to read it, but framing action around a courtroom drama that lacks on the drama is not a great way to set up your story. I think that the backstory - the love between Ishmael and Hatsue when they were children and young adults, plus the sequences in the internment camps - is far more interesting. I wanted more of that, instead of James Cromwell in an awful, bushy beard and Max Von Sydow bickering back and forth in the courtroom.
My Netflix rating: 3 stars

New Movies in Year Three: 135

1 comment:

  1. A distinct difference in Office 2010 Key Office 2010, OneNote is a component from the Office selection. In the past have owned OneNote, try to Office 2010 thought it was one of several terrific undiscovered apps.Office 2010 furthermore provides a different picture enhancing instruments, most Microsoft Office 2010 Workplace uses are available. Microsoft Office 2010 Key

    ReplyDelete