Wednesday, November 17, 2010

150. November 15, 2010 - The Town (2010)

Ben Affleck certainly is a better director than actor. That being said, he still has a ways to grow in that respect as well. This was very similar to Gone Baby Gone in tone and style - I get that the stories themselves have a similar vibe, but I'm not impressed by someone just repeating what got him accolades last time. The performances are solid (Jeremy Renner especially) and the story is engaging enough. I don't mean to be harsh - I did enjoy the film. Though, I must say, I'm seriously disappointed that a Red Sox fan like Ben Affleck would make such a huge mistake. You cannot walk by Gate B inside Fenway Park, heading toward the Green Monster, and end up by Gate E walking toward home plate. It is physically impossible. He should have known better.
My Netflix rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment